Monday, February 20, 2012

Cascade - embroidered quilt

My chevron stitch sample took on a life of it's own and expanded into this:




I'm calling it Cascade.  I just kept layering fabrics and adding stitches.  Stitches used:  chevron, running stitch, herringbone, beading. 

I'm starting to get the hang of free form stitching as detailed in Stitch Magic and Exploring Colour with Julia Caprara.  This piece is so beautifully textured and ripply!  I love it.  My work used to always be very neat, tidy, geometric, minimalist.  And I do still love that look but I'm having fun trying new techniques and branching out.

This lacks 'something', not sure what. I'll keep playing with it.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment (or two!!). :o) I really like the way this is building up. Alex @ underatopazsky