Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Embroidered Silk Scarf with Leaves - Finished

Here's the finished the silk scarf.  It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it overall: 





I have a new rule - ALWAYS stabilize silk with fusible interfacing first.  The edges raveled so much that I had to make the final size narrower than planned.  

The lining is the same silk I used for the leaves.  

The running stitches are more subtle than I expected.  I tried for a sashiko style stitch but my hands automatically go back to tiny quilting stitches.

2 comments:

Marta Brysha said...

The scarf is lovely. The running stitch lifts it out of the ordinary and makes the scarf something special. Well done!

Marie Costa said...

Thank you so much Marta! I know the pictures are poor quality but I'm glad the running stitches show at least a little bit. Thanks for the encouragement, I needed that :)