Thursday, April 19, 2012

TAST 2012 - French Knots


Two VERY quick-and-dirty samples of french knots - not much time for stitching this week. 

  • Milliner needles are a must (the eye and shaft are the same diameter, so the knots slide off easily)
  • Keeping tension on the thread is essential.  I HIGHLY recommend Mary Corbet's french knot video tutorial

I tried for some realistic looking lily-of-the-valley. The knots are doubled #8 perle cotton, 6 wraps each knot.  They're still out of proportion: 


 
These french knots are a single strand of cotton floss.  I used pink tulle for the 'champagne':



And here's my embroidered lichen.  I've posted these before but I love this project so far.  I need to carve out a chunk of time next week to finish this:




7 comments:

isseelan said...

Like the way u embroidered the champagne. Creative work.

shami.
www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Too good... Liked the champagne idea

Sandy said...

Nice examples. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

celle qui rêve said...

Cheers !

Cyndi L said...

I love your lichen, but the lilies of the valley really caught my eye since ours is just starting to peek out :-)

underatopazsky said...

Champagne bubbles is a genius idea!

Anita said...

Love the champagne glass... french knots bubbles are lovely!